Wednesday, May 30, 2012

26 weeks/ memorial day weekend

Oh what a three day weekend we had!!! I started out friday getting to see one of my former nanny families and had a wonderful time just catching up with them and seeing how big that little man has gotten in just the few weeks I have been away from them. Then off to Del City I went to spend some time with the Jones and work on wedding stuff with Olivia. We got quite a bit accomplished and we are just getting closer and closer to her big day!! While I was doing this once blaine got home from work he did wonderful things like mowing the lawn and cleaning house to get ready for my birthday party that we had on saturday!! It was wonderful to have things taken care of... he even let me sleep in on saturday while he mowed the back yard!! It was awesome!! The party was a blast and so great to see all our friends that we don't see all the time. Then sunday we spent the day running a few errands here and there, being lazy, and  doing a few things around the house... nothing super special. Monday pretty much the same thing we got to work on things around the house of course there is always more to do but I am feeling better about it all everyday!! And thats a good things considering my in laws will be here thursday evening. The house is clean in all the public areas... we are just lacking in our private areas or rooms we don't ever use but we're getting there. Now if only we could get it all done so we can focus on painting the nursery so i can order some furniture I would be a really happy camper!!! One step at a time I guess. Oh and we spent part of Monday with the Killebrews swimming and enjoying a meal together... the usual for us in the summer time... we shall see if it stays that way with two babies and another one not far behind.... our little group just keeps growing!


How far along? 26 weeks 

Updates on baby: Well now our little girl is the size of a head of lettuce! It is so strange to think of her in size of fruits and vegetables because I feel like she feels much bigger than that or at least I guess I feel much bigger than that LOL!! 

Symptoms/Body Changes:  Just the back pain that seems to be never ending these days. That and the fact that I can't seem to sleep well for the life of me... I move from the bed to the couch or vice versa at least once a night because one or the other is more comfortable depending on the night. But really I would like to be able to get a few more good nights of sleep before the baby arrives because lord knows it'll be awhile after she is here! 

Movement: Lots and lots of movement! Some are a little different everyday. I don't know how people know what it is they are feeling like its a kick or a hand or the hiccups or whatever. I just know for sure when she rolls that is the strangest feeling ever! But I love it! 

Cravings/Aversions: Still can't eat eggs, and I think my sweet tooth is growing but I've got to keep that in check so I can keep the weight in the goal! 

Getting ready for baby: Haven't done much this week, been preparing for my in laws to come in town tomorrow so that hasn't bee on our list of things to do this week. 

What I miss: Sleep... good solid 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep... Blaine told me today that I'll sleep good again one day and I laughed and told him maybe when our child is Five LOL! 

What I am looking forward to: I just want to have things together and get to the finish line! 

Weekly wisdom: got nothing this week again... sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment