Tuesday, June 26, 2012

30 weeks and a Nursery in progress

30 weeks... I can't even believe its been thirty weeks since we found out we were having a baby. So much has happened in the last 30 weeks and I am just so excited for what is to come. 10 more weeks (more or less) and we will have a beautiful little girl in our arms and I can not wait! With all that being said Warning that this post will probably be a long one. I want to do the 30 week update plus some nursery photos so please read on and enjoy my little slice of life.


How far along? 30 weeks 

Updates on baby: This week our baby is about the size of a head of cabbage... and getting bigger everyday along with my wonderfully large basketball of a belly.

Symptoms/Body Changes:  Not really many symptoms going on these days... back pain but nearly as bad as it was a few weeks ago. And the lack of sleep is an everyday event but for the most part everything is pretty normal well as normal as it can be at 30 weeks pregnant.

Movement: This little girl is a moving dancing kicking rolling whatever she can find space to do machine. 

Cravings/Aversions: Not much has changed here the only thing that gets me is when I see or hear something that sounds yummy and then I have to have it... like rootbeer floats... they pretty much always sound good!

Getting ready for baby: Nursery is painted and I love it!!! I will post some pictures after the update. The furniture has been ordered and just waiting for it to come in and then i'll be able to really get to decorating Peyton's room!  

What I miss: This hasn't changed either... I just want to be able to sleep again. One day... many months from now I'll be able to do that but for now at least I know I can run on like four hours of sleep. 

What I am looking forward to: Having baby Peyton in my arms! 

Weekly wisdom: Do all the research you can and take other peoples opinion with a grain of salt! While it can be helpful, giving birth seems to be one of those things that people feel very strongly about and it's less advice and more this is the way you should things sometimes and that is not always very helpful.

Ok now on to the nursery updates! so we finally got things painted and I am so excited with how it turned out!!! Here are a few pictures and one from before so you can see what we started with! 

Here is the before picture. A really dark blue room that had terrible lighting and that I just really didn't like at all. 


AFTER!!! YAY!! One wall with horizontal stripes and the rest our all green. We're going to be the crib against the striped wall and I'm going to make letters to put her name above the crib. 


View of the room from the closet. The glider will go in that corner for lots of rocking and snuggle times!


View from the far end of the room you're looking at the closet and the door into the hallway. The small wall behind the opened door is going to be where I hang all the pictures of her cousins! 

Well that's all I have for now! I'll put more pictures up as soon as I get all the furniture and can get some of these other little projects done! Thanks for reading! 





No comments:

Post a Comment