Thursday, May 10, 2012

23 weeks

23 weeks pregnant... wow  that's almost 6 months... it still seems like yesterday that we found out that we were going to be having a baby and now I'm more than half through and have the reminder everyday that there is another life growing inside of me. I never thought as a girl growing up that I would really want to have children of my own, the thought of being pregnant and giving birth terrified me so I was never really a big fan of the idea. However, when the time came I truly believe that God prepared my heart... he knew my fears and hesitations and he took them away and put the desire in my heart to be a mother. I wanted to finally experience that Joy and love that I watched everyday as mothers pick their children up from my care. So after years of never thinking I would want children I finally had the desire and it was strong and constant. It was a little while before Blaine agreed that the timing would never be perfect to have a child and that there would always be reasons not to do it so we made the decision that we would start trying. And trying well didn't really happen because just after we decided we would start trying I mean like the next day we found out I was pregnant LOL!!! I'm telling you God knew his plan so he put the desire in my heart and prepared me for what he already knew was coming. I truly truly believe that and I am so very very blessed and grateful for that. Now I also believe that God knew why i was so fearful of being pregnant and giving birth and he has been gracious enough to make this pregnancy SUPER easy for me. I mean don't get me wrong it still has its moments but for a woman that is almost 6 months pregnant and I haven't thrown up one single time or even really thought I was going to I'd say that is pretty impressive and very very lucky!! But I once again just think that its God working his plan. I believe he has more children planned for us and he knew if this pregnancy was difficult that I probably wouldn't desire to do it again. So really it has all been in gods plan as usual. I learned a long time ago not to make plans because most of the time God will just change it to fit his own plan anyway and his is always way better than you could have ever imagined. So here I am 23 weeks in, excited, still slightly fearful of labor like I think most women are, and nervous all at the same time! I want things to be perfect for this little girl and I want to be the best mommy I can be and that all makes me nervous but I know that it'll all work just the way God has it planned to so I let that calm my nerves and just let me be excited!!  


How far along? 23 weeks 

Updates on baby: I think i've gotten mixed up on the fruit sizes, every website seems to be different but this week it says she's the size of a grapefruit. When we were at the special doctor on tuesday they said she was measuring about a pound and 4 ounces. She was measuring right on schedule give or take a few days and looking great! They did an Echo on her to exam her heart more closely since I have a history of defect and so far so good! Which i was so relieved to hear!! I go back every 4 to 6 weeks from here on out to check her heart and growth just to keep it all closely monitored. 

Symptoms/Body Changes:  Back pain, this has really set in this week I think my hips are moving which is causing the pain but its just not very fun at all. Other than that its just the ever growing belly. 

Movement: So its funny how I was so frustrated that I couldn't feel this little girl moving for the longest time it felt like and now she is def. making up for that. Yesterday I could have swore I had the karate kid in my belly! She was being crazy! But I wouldn't change it for anything!!!
Cravings/Aversions: still no real cravings but I will say that I do really have an aversion to eggs now. And really i've had it since week 5 or 6 but now its to the point where I don't know that eggs will ever sound good again. 

Getting ready for baby: Not a whole lot new on the prep however, we have decided exactly how we are going to paint the room we just have to get the paint and get started. Also our STROLLER came in! Of course my in laws ordered it for us and without thinking had it shipped to their house but they will be down the end of this month and bring it with them. I am so excited!! 

What I miss: I dont really know what I miss this week. Right now I'm just trying to enjoy just being pregnant as much as I can for someone who knew for the get go that no matter how easy the pregnancy i wouldn't really enjoy it. 

What I am looking forward to: Right now I'm looking forward to getting the room painted and all set up and to our baby showers! I can't wait to celebrate with all our friends and family and just enjoy getting everything ready for little miss Peyton. 

Weekly wisdom: God is always in control! Pregnant or not we should always remember that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment