Wednesday, May 2, 2012

2 years and going / 22 weeks

Two years ago today I woke up on what can only be called the most special day of my life up to this point. I was nervous, excited, and ready for the journey ahead but never in my wildest imagination could I have known exactly what was to come. I spent the day getting ready and watching the most amazing women I know get ready and help me, I cried, I laughed, I was in awe and then I married my Best friend and it was the best decision I have ever made! I can't believe what the last two years have brought us but we are so blessed and so excited for the future to come!! And I am amazed that the future is already so bright for us with the fact that just a few months from now we will have a beautiful little baby!! It just makes smile when I think about this fact and when I remember where we started and how far we have come!!! With all that being said I guess its time for my weekly baby update!


How far along? 22 weeks

Updates on baby: I've been using the fruit comparison but sometimes they don't make since to me LOL! This week our baby is the size of a papaya but last week it was a cantalope... isn't a cantalope bigger than a papaya? 

Symptoms/Body Changes:  This is all about the same... I have been having more and more back pain... its still not bad but it is def. more than it used to be. 

Movement: FINALLY!!! This is no longer my area of frustration because I can feel her kick and move and Blaine even got to feel her a couple times and it has just been so wonderful! It is def. a weird feeling but so amazing all at the same time!

Cravings/Aversions: Yeah still no cravings I just know what I want when I hear it or what I don't want when I hear it but thats about it. 

Getting ready for baby: Room is completely clean and ready to be painted, Gibbs is officially free of the Kennel which means we can get it out of the room, and we bought her bedding last night so we can go and get the paint... things are moving right along! OH and my MIL order our stroller :) So excited!  

What I miss: I miss my normal summer clothes and being able to shop for cute CHEAP summer clothes right now... I see things I want and would love but sadly they aren't for maternity! I love the maternity clothes I have but I still miss my normal summer clothes...its the  one season that I actually like buying clothes for! 

What I am looking forward to: Yeah this hasn't changed I still just want to see and hold my baby!! I just want to hold her in my arms and know that she is happy and healthy and just want to have my family all together!! 

Weekly wisdom: Always be prepared for the hormones... you think your doing good maintaining the mood swings and then someone tells you something that just makes you cry... it doesn't make sense it doesn't seem rational but its just the way it is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment