Thursday, April 12, 2012

Boy or Girl? and all the other updates

Well I thought it was time for a little update. We have been busy busy busy so far this month with one thing or another going on every weekend and just the normal general routines with some added extras during the week. Needless to say... all that energy people say you get back in your second trimester hasn't stood a chance to the schedule. But even with all the extra activities it has been a pretty good month thus far.
We started the month off by getting Mr. Gibbs fixed which of course we had hoped would calm him down a bit or at least for a few days while he was recovering... yeah right! This dog was back to full speed ahead the following afternoon and hasn't stopped since. So the week of time when we were supposed to keep him calm and only take him out on a leash and not let him jump on anything or run... yeah that lasted about four days and then we said well if it doesn't seem to hurt him I think he'll be ok because there was just no stopping that dog from doing what he wanted to do.
Then came Easter!! I must say I really love Easter and everything it stands for. Growing up we did Easter until I was about 10 years old probably and then my parents decided that my brother and I were both too old for the Easter bunny and there was no need to hunt eggs or do anything festive they just made sure to buy us a little candy so we at least had something special for the day LOL! But in all the years we celebrated Easter it was never about Jesus and what he did for us, it really wasn't till I was older that I understood the story behind the holiday. Well now that we're starting a family of our own I have big plans to make sure that these holidays are not only celebrated but remembered for what they really mean.
We had the pleasure once again this year of spending our Easter holiday with the Killebrew family! This family is so wonderful and I just appreciate them so much more than I could ever express. They are always so welcoming and just make us feel like part of the family! So we had a wonderful Easter lunch and then proceeded to have a big Easter egg hunt! And when I say big I mean there was only one child there so he hunted all by himself and then Mr and Mrs Killebrew hid approx. 170 eggs for us five adults to hunt... it is always entertaining to see who gets the most and to make sure we find every egg!
I couldn't help but think the whole time that Eli was hunting his little eggs all by himself that next year there will be Three children at our Easter festivities. Given my little on and Michelle's newest little one won't be quite big enough to do much hunting on their own but still it blows my mind to celebrate these holidays and think hey next year we'll have a child to celebrate this with!
Now that we've made it through the Easter holiday it was time for what I was looking forward to the most this month and that was having a sonogram done and getting to see our little baby! Well as most of you know if you read this blog at all (or at least have recently) we had a sonogram done while we were in Nebraska over spring break by Blaine's dad which is just the coolest thing ever that we can do things like that! Well I was only 16 weeks when he did the sonogram then but he was pretty positive that we were having a little Boy and we couldn't have been more excited! So for the next four weeks we progressed in baby planning and had a name picked out and had started our registry and all of that type of stuff. But I was still very excited for the sonogram to have another chance to see our little guy! Well low and behold our little guy is in fact a little gal! And not a very cooperative one at that which tells me she will have her mothers stubbornness which really should not surprise me at all since every single person in my entire family has it! So now we are wrapping our heads around the fact that its a girl and not a boy. I honestly would like to say I was just as excited to hear the news of it being a girl as i was when we thought it was a boy but I can't. And of course this already makes me feel like a terrible mother! But lets be honest, I know for a fact I would be much better at raising boys! And my daughter is forever doomed to be a farm country tom boy because that is really all I know!! But I am so very excited for a child no matter what the sex and couldn't be happier that everything is healthy and growing just the way it should! We go back in a month to have an echo done on both the baby and myself to make sure our hearts are both functioning just as they should. We are doing this because I had heart surgery when I was just a baby so we want to make sure there aren't any visible defects on the baby and that my heart is still functioning the way it should and it won't cause me any problems throughout the rest of my pregnancy and during delivery.
And now that we are to current day the thing I look forward to most is going to the farm this weekend for the rattlesnake hunt. There will be about 27 of us that are going up there from my family just to enjoy the glory of god's creation and to enjoy the wonderful family that he has blessed us with and we all look forward to it so much every year!! So thats my long winded update and I promise I will get some pictures up here soon so its not just words all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment