Tuesday, April 24, 2012

21 weeks and a dr. update

Well went to the ob this morning and everything is checking out well once again. Baby's heartbeat was at 165 (once the nurse found it) and I'm measuring at 23cm which is a little big but she said its within the range and she's not concerned about it at this point. I have an appt to have an Echo done on both me and the baby come the 8th of May and then I go back to the ob on the 22nd of May which means that it will be time for the dreaded Glucose test... not so excited about it but I know it's a necessary evil. On top of the glucose test they want to check my Thyroid as well because of my weight, i'm not gaining too much weight or anything but they just want to check to make sure there are no issues. So I guess thats all the doctor update now on to the baby!


How far along? 21 weeks

Updates on baby: This week it says the baby is about the size of a banana which doesn't really make sense to me considering it was a cantaloupe last week but i guess that's just the way it works LOL! 

Symptoms/Body Changes:  Still all normal just growing... the appetite does get a bit more some days but for the most part it has been normal which is good. I've been pretty comfortable for the most part so thats good but I know it'll change. 

Movement: Still the frustrating question... but I'm pretty sure i've felt it here and there... its not a ton and not necessarily everyday but for the most part at least once a day i feel it moving around or kicking me. 

Cravings/Aversions: Still no big cravings... I did just really want some chocolate cake last night but other than that its been pretty normal which is good because I figure the less cravings I have the better i'll be at keeping the weight gain to a minimum. 

Getting ready for baby: yeah still nothing on this front but we have a date set for our garage sale so I guess that's a step in the right direction. 

What I miss: My Brain! I hate the fact that I am so forgetful these days! It drives me bonkers becaue i usually have an awesome memory and I liked it that way! 

What I am looking forward to: I just want to hold my baby! 

Weekly wisdom: remember that you don't have the energy you once did and you need to rest more often because over doing it makes for a not so great day the following day LOL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment