Monday, April 16, 2012

20 weeks!! HALF WAY THERE!

Well I am officially at the half way mark of 20 weeks! I couldn't be happier to know that its half over and I'm half way to meeting our precious little child!! I know some women are just in love with being pregnant but I'll be completely honest... I'm not one of them and I knew from the get go I wouldn't be. Its a control issue I think, and 10 months of not really feeling in control of my own body is just not what I call enjoyable. Now don't get me wrong there are things I enjoy about the process but overall eh not really so fantastic... totally worth it but still not my favorite thing! Ok well enough of that rambling now on to the update!

How far along? 20 weeks

Updates on baby: Our little baby is now the size of a cantaloupe! No wonder things are becoming uncomfortable LOL!!! We went for a detailed sonogram last week and everything was measuring just the way it should and the heartbeat was at 154 which is good and they were just very pleased over all with how everything was progressing.

Symptoms/Body Changes: The ever growing belly! The on and off uncomfortableness, the tired before you even realize that you've done anything. All the normal stuff.

Movement: Ok now this whole topic has been very frustrating for me because its what people ask me all the time and until about two days ago i've had to tell them well maybe but i dont know LOL!! Am I the only first time mother that wasn't sure about what was a baby movement and what was a gas bubble or something. It's all new to me how am I supposed to know! But I'm almost 90% positive that i have felt her move and kick and such but hey I could be wrong LOL!! Via the sonogram we learned she is pretty lazy and very stubborn...wonder where that comes from :)

Cravings/Aversions: This really hasn't changed any i have no real cravings but I will say that smells have averted me from certain foods but its random, like we had Ted's mexican food one night with friends and i have of my plate and saved the rest for lunch the next day. When I open the box for lunch the next day I could not stand the smell and had to find something else to eat... weird I know!

Getting ready for baby: We've registered that about it.... but I fully intend to get moving on that room very soon!

What I miss: This is still the same, I would love to be able to go go go like I used to with having to rest every few minutes!

What I am looking forward to: I just want to get to the end and hold my baby at this point that's all i care about!

Weekly wisdom: Always write things down because if your like me your brain isn't functioning properly and you are super forgetful!

No comments:

Post a Comment