Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's day thought

Today has been wonderful so far... got up early and did some shopping with Blaine and then we started the preparations for having my family over for Father's Day lunch. It was special to finally be able to have them all over here and treat my dad and my brother to show them how special they are and how great dad's they are. My adorable nephew was hilarious as usual and wanted to play so bad with baby Bella but he was just a little to rough for our little girl.
But before we had lunch we went to church with Joseph and Michelle and it was an awesome worship service. Trent (our worship leader) has such a fire for Christ and it absolutely just shines constantly especially when he's on that stage. One song in particular I think fits this father's day very well.


Nothing can separate
Even if I ran away
Your love never fails

I know I still make mistakes
But You have new mercies for me everyday
Your love never fails

Chorus:
You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning

And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails

Verse 2:
The wind is strong and the water's deep
But I'm not alone in these open seas
Cause Your love never fails

The chasm is far too wide
I never thought I'd reach the other side
But Your love never fails

Bridge:
You make all things work together for my good


It was such a nice reminder that no matter what happens to us throughout our days we have a father that is amazing and who will never leave us. His love never fails no matter what it is we do and no matter how far we try to run he is there waiting with open arms to welcome us back and give us all the love and forgiveness he has to offer. It is a great reminder for me right now with all the changes we have had happened in the recent months it is a nice reminder that all these blessings came from our Lord and that no matter how bad our days are there is a lord who loves us. There is no need to have fear of the future because God has it in his hands and he will bless us beyond measure as long as we put our faith in him. I am so uplifted today with these thoughts and hope that maybe this can encourage someone else as well.

Happy Fathers Day

No comments:

Post a Comment