Thursday, February 3, 2011

A better place

Today my heart is heavy because last night we got a call telling us that my Grandma (on my dad's side) passed away. She was around 96 years old and suffered a stroke a few years back which caused her to have dementia. So she didn't know anyone and couldn't do much for herself so we all know that she is in a much better place now but that never seems to make it any easier. I didn't spend a lot of time with this grandma because she lived in kansas and my dad was never very close to his side of the family but family is family. I have been telling my self for months that I needed to go with my dad sometime and see her because I can't really remember the last time I was up there and we all knew she wouldn't be with us a lot longer but life seemed to get in the way and I just didn't make the time and now I feel terrible. I know she wouldn't have known me but at least I would have been there. She never got to meet Blaine and see what kind of woman I grew up to be. But I know she knows now and she remembers us now and she's without any pain. I just wish I could drive to my parents and give my dad a great big hug cause although i'm sure he isn't showing it I know he is hurting. He Lost his dad when he was 4 so its just been his mom practically his entire life. And although he wasn't super close to his family in the last few years and really even months he has realized that the past didn't matter and family was important. I'm thankful that he was able to go up there just last week and see her before she passed and I know he is thankful for that also. So today on yet another snow day I have a heavy heart and I have regrets which I very rarely have but I do now. Please pray for my family in this time of mourning and pray that we will all be able to travel to kansas safely once the funeral arrangements are made so that we can be there to say our goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment