Monday, January 3, 2011

Before Week 1

So were in week one of the new year but since its only Monday I don't really have much to update about my resolutions although I have so far been successful at attending church (it was a great service) and reading my bible and praying! These two resolutions really are the most important so I'm pretty proud of myself! The workout is on the schedule... and being a better housekeeper... well I'm still working on it but so far I'm not being all that successful... I think this may be the hardest one for me to achieve... It's just not in my blood people. So if my resolutions are off to a slow start and I don't have a lot to update why I am.... well its because of that wonderful church service I went to yesterday. In honor of the New Year our church did a sermon all about putting God First in everything we do. We should put him first in our day, in our week, in our month, and even in our Year. And to achieve the Year our church has decided to partake in a 21 day fast. Now this is not 21 days of eating nothing (obviously not a good idea) but instead there are a variety of different fasts. The staff at church along with several others I'm sure they are partaking in what is called a Daniel Fast because its what Daniel did in the bible but it basically means all you eat is fruits, veggies, and juices... no meat and no Dairy.... this would be very difficult for me and since I've never done a fast before I've decided to not start off that extreme. Instead I'm going to fast from Soda and from sweets. Now this is going to be a HUGE Challenge!! I love sweet things and have a sweet tooth that gets me every time but even more then that I am addicted to caffeine... A few days without caffeine and I have a headache that makes me want to cry... this is not good and a habit I've tried to break several times so I hope with the whole church behind me and in this together I can break that habit and succeed in this 21 day fast... WHICH STARTS TODAY!!! So no worries I enjoyed a rt 44 vanilla Dr.Pepper yesterday hopefully that will get me through the 21 days... I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment