Sunday, September 26, 2010

Budgets Budgets Budgets

Well its happening... we are pledging to Dave Ramseys Financial Peace University on tuesday. We have already made our budget for October... hehe I like being a step ahead! I'm super excited to learn how to get out of debt as fast as possible cause I hate paying my student loans every month so the faster they are gone the happier I will be! Its all about choices i think... do i buy that new shirt I want or put more toward my loan... do i go out to lunch everyday or do i put that extra money into saving for our first home... all about choices! I think he theory though cause it still allows for freedom and enjoying little things but its all in moderation! I dont know that we'll actually go to an all Cash system but we will track and budget every dime! I'm excited about the thought of being debt free in the next couple of years and being able to save and buy our first home in that time frame too. We originally had plans to possibly buy a home next summer but at this point its looking like we'll be waiting a little longer so that we can build up that savings account. Plus I think we would both feel so much better if all my student loans were paid off before we added a house payment on to that. It's an exciting time here in the Finley home and we are so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment