Saturday, July 31, 2010

Life is Short

Today one of my closests friends lost her grandmother. It was expected since she suffered a massive stroke on monday and has slowly declined from that point. However, even the knowledge that the end is approaching does not make the loss any easier. It really just made me think about how truly Lucky I am to have both of my grandparents (on my mom's side) and my grandmother (on my dad's side) still with us. I know I have never been close to my grandmother on my dad's side and there are many reasons for that but It's still a blessing that she is still with us and even though she doesn't know us anymore I am in hopes that Blaine and I will be able to go and visit her before anything happens. My grandparents on my mom's side are two of the most influential people I've had in my life and the thought of losing them any time soon absolutely tears me up. I know that I am blessed to still have both of them in good health and good spirits and i pray that that remains the same for many more years to come because I want my children to have the opportunity to meet those amazing people and have their lives touch the way my life has been. And now that I'm married I have another set of grandparents from Blaine's mothers side and they have been such a blessing to our lives. They are two of the nicest people I know and I am so glad that I can call them family. But I guess the biggest thing that really got me is the fact that we never know when our time or our families time will be. Especially when it comes to our grandparents. Her grandmother was healthy and had no signs of possible stroke (just like most people) and then all the sudden its time to say their goodbyes. It makes me stop and think about how many things I choose to do instead of going and visiting both of grandparents as often as we possibly can. So its going to be a new goal for us to go and visit both of our grandparents as often as possible because we never know when our lives will change and when the end may come for any of us.

I know this is a sad post talking about the end of lives and all but its been on my heart today. I wish i had the words to comfort my friend in this time of need but all i've been able to tell her is to remember that she is no longer hurting and that she is with both her love (her late husband) and her lord. And i know if it were me that would be the only reminder that would even come close to making me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment