Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mommy Fail #1

Well it only took two weeks for me to have my first mommy fail. And to say I was disappointed in myself would be an understatement (thanks hormones). Ok so here's the story. Blaine's brother and sister in law and two of their boys came down to visit us this weekend and meet sweet baby Peyton. Since the fair is still going on we thought it would be fun to take them and I've been feeling pretty good and Peyton has been doing great so off to the fair we went. It was smooth sailing for the first 3 hours or so, everyone was having fun walking through the buildings, seeing all the animals, and just enjoying being out and about. Ms. Peyton just snoozed away in the stroller and was the center of attention... everywhere we went someone stopped to look and tell us how beautiful she is (Proud Momma here). Well after about three hours as were in one of the buildings making our way through the aisles Peyton wakes up and is not a happy camper! So Blaine takes her out of the stroller and carries her through the last part of the building as we beeline for the doors so we can get her changed and I can figure out a place to sit and feed her (interesting thing to do at the fair). Well the line for the women's restroom was super long as usual so Blaine took her into the men's room to change her only to discover that little miss had had a blowout! She was in a disposable diaper that was given to us since we use cloth diapers but I figured I had them and it would be easier than the cloth while we were out... well these diapers just didn't fit her as well and so the blowout occured. Now to the mommy fail... since she had a blowout her entire outfit was ruined to wear and what did I have in the diaper bag for a change of clothes... a long sleeved and footed PJ outfit... WAY TO HOT for that! I mean we were all sweating it was hot even in the buildings! So she spent the rest of the time we were there (another couple hours) in nothing but a diaper and covered with a real light blanket. I felt terrible... then feeding was not super easy and it was hot and she was hot and I was hot and the nursing cover made it even more hot. I almost had a small breakdown at this point because I felt like a terrible momma and at this point I wanted nothing more than to just be able to give her a bottle! But I have a wonderful support team in my hubby and in my sister in law so I held it together without breaking down and we enjoyed the end of our fair trip. Lesson learned... ALWAYS have a onesie in the Diaper Bag! This will be a mistake I don't make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment