Thursday, September 20, 2012

Life with a newborn

Well we have survived almost 2 weeks of life with a newborn and I can honestly say it is nothing like I expected... but contrary to what you may think... It is SO MUCH BETTER! Yes I am slightly sleep deprived (although the end of my pregnancy was that way anyway so I was prepared for it), yes I am still recovering physically although this is much easier than I anticipated and I am feeling closer to 100% a little more everyday... I mean I finally have normally looking feet and ankles again and for me it doesn't get better than that! But seriously taking care of my little girl is by far the best thing I have ever done in my life. She just lights up my world. I love all the faces she makes, the sounds... yes even the cries. I cherish the fact that I am the one who gives her food, that takes care of all her needs. And I am so so blessed to be able to do all of these things for this adorable little princess. Being a mom really is the best experience in the world even through all the sleep deprived nights of cluster feeding where daddy can't help a lick because all she wants to do is eat and since the feeding utensils are kind of attached to me I'm stuck but I dont mind. It just means more snuggle time for mommy! I know these days are going to fly by and that makes me sad just thinking about it but at the same time I can't wait to see what happens next, how she will grow and learn and do things on her own. Its just so exciting to be a part of something so special!
We haven't done a whole lot in the last two weeks besides just enjoy time as a family. We've made a couple trips out and about and they've all been successful so there really isn't any big story to tell there. We've had lots of visitors but lots of peaceful family times too... and having Blaine home with me as been wonderful... I kind of dread him going back to work because I just love being home as a family! But someone has to make some Money for us! We've been pretty productive in household projects the last couple of weeks which has been really nice and I've even managed to keep the house clean and the dishes and laundry done... all of these are pretty big successes in my book. Having this little girl just motivates me to makes things the best I possibly can in her environment.
Well I guess I'll stop rambling about how wonderful life is with my precious little girl and get back to loving on her since she's waking up now but I will leave you with one of her sneek peak newborn pictures so you can see just how adorable she is and why I am so in love with everything she does!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad things are going so well. I hope the transition to being home alone goes smoothly. She's precious!

    ReplyDelete