Saturday, September 29, 2012

3 Weeks already?

Your whole life you are told that the older you get the faster time goes by and when your younger you can't really imagine life going by any faster because you think it already flies by... but then you get older and you realize that they were telling you the truth all these years. I can't believe how much faster time has gone by in these last three weeks. Sometimes I swear I'll wake up and still be pregnant it just really blows my mind that Peyton is already three weeks old. She changes a little bit everyday and I love watching her changes but I sure do wish I could keep her small forever because I know these days are going to be just a memory the next time I blink. She is getting bigger every time I look at her I swear.  When she looks at me now I can tell she is actually looking at me...no more glazed over look LOL and she can follow things she sees with her eyes. She also makes faces at us and has even seemed to copy our faces a little. She is working on holding her head up a little bit each day and just keeps us laughing and smiling. She is sleeping pretty well at night for the most part and eats like crazy during the day but hey whatever she needs. It really just amazes me how much things change in such a short period of time.
Now as happy as I am I can honestly say that I've just never been more scared in my whole life. I want to protect her with every fiber of my being and I just can't imagine what I would do if something bad happened. Now I know I can't be paranoid and scared forever but its just such a new feeling for me. Some of this may be exacerbated by all the problems we had in the very beginning some of which we are still dealing with. Wednesday we take her to a physical therapist to see about getting the shape of her head fixed a bit... its not causing any neurological issues but I just really don't want her to be self conscious about it her whole life. So we're going to try this and see what happens. I can't help but feel like its somehow my fault and I have to do everything I can to fix it. Now I know in my heart that its not my fault but I just can't help but feel that way.
Well thats my little 3 weeks update... I will leave you with a picture of how we are spending our saturday evening.... watching football with daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment