Saturday, April 2, 2011

HOMEOWNERS

Its official... we are homeowners!! I can't believe it!!! It was such a smooth process and I am so thankful for that. I have heard so many horror stories about closing on a house and all the things that can happen so I super nervous all the way up to closing but it was smooth sailing and we are so Thankful! God has truly Blessed us through this whole process and with this home!!! We became the painting yesterday beginning with the dining room ceiling. They had all the rooms and ceiling all one color (in each room) however for the kitchen and dining room I thought that having yellow walls and ceilings was a little bit too much so we painted the ceiling white and began the walls in the pretty yellow! So excited! I have been dreaming of a Yellow Kitchen for as long as I can remember... i know its strange but thats the one thing I have always known i've wanted. So its finally coming true and I'm so happy!!! Today a bunch of our wonderful friends and family are coming to help paint the remaining rooms that we are doing at this point. We decided to paint the kitchen and dining room, the master and master bath. There is a guest room that is dark blue that we want to paint as well but since its going to be the extra extra room we decided it could be a weekend project once we get all moved and settled. And the entry way is possibly getting painted in that weekend project but we'll see I'm waiting to see if the red color it is now will grow on me... but i'm not so sure LOL!!! So it shall be a long day of painting but I'm sure it'll be fun with all our friends and family there to help. The only down side is the fact that The water got shut off before we were able to get it switched into our name and when we called it was too close to closing time that they wouldn't let us set it up so we are without water till Monday... LAME! Should be pretty interesting! Well I'm off to take a little nap before all the painting... up early to see Blaine off since he is driving to KS city today with my dad to pick up our entertainment center that his grandparents gave us. So now i need a nap before all the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment