Monday, December 27, 2010

First Married Christmas

Well we enjoyed a wonderful week in steamboat springs colorado with Blaine's side of the family. It was an awesome trip just relaxing and playing in the snow... oh and skiing for the rest of them. I am officially a ski school drop out but at least i tried I just didn't like it. But the trip was awesome. Every time I get to spend time with his side of the family I realize even more how blessed I am by the family I gained when I got married. I am so blessed by both sides of my family and I love it. We got back to OKC early afternoon on Christmas Eve and finished the dreaded shopping... I know I'm such a procrastinator. But it was pretty painless so no worries and everyone was very happy with their gifts. Then blaine and I decided to start our own tradition so we went to papa murphy's and got a great big pizza then came home opened our stockings (the only gifts we did this year) and then watch the nightmare before christmas while eating our yummy pizza! I think its a great tradition and I hope we continue it. At least until children our around because then we'll have to leave the stockings for christmas morning. But in my house we always opened a small gift on christmas eve so that will probably continue in our home later on in life. Then we got up christmas morning and started off for all the stops we had to make. We went to the Jones' and enjoyed a christmas morning with my favorite adopted family!! Always fun and always memorable! Then to my parent's house to enjoy christmas with my little family! Mom and Dad got me a CHI!! So excited! And Blaine got a induction charging pad for the wii motes which he is super excited about! Then off to grandma's for the usual yummy food and white elephant (dirty santa)! It was a great christmas!!! I even got to see my nephew Sirus which was probably my favorite part of the day! But the biggest Blessing of the day... A very generous inheritance that sealed the dream of Blaine and I buying a home in the spring... our goal for a down payment has been met and now everything else we save is all the better!!! So excited!!! I think that was the best gift because it put our dream into reality!! After the first we're gonna start the search with a realtor! So come april we will hopefully be HOMEOWNERS!!! So exciting! I am so very blessed with the family I have - both sides! Now I am preparing myself for a big change next christmas. We will more than likely spending next christmas in Nebraska with Blaine's side of the family which of course I will love but it will be the first time in my life I am not with my side of the family and its going to be very strange and a little bittersweet. But I am blessed by both sides of the family and I know no matter what side of the family we are celebrating with we are surrounded by a family that loves us and that is really what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment