Sunday, July 15, 2012

Prepared?

The closer I get to the due date of our sweet baby girl the more I wonder if I'll be as prepared as I would have hoped. Sure the nursery is almost finished, we have picked, toured, and preregistered at the hospital so when the day arrives we'll be ready to go and can skip a bunch of the paperwork! I already have a group in my phone of people to text when the time comes who will want to be informed of Baby Peyton's pending arrival. And I'm nesting a little more every day as far as the house is concerned. But I still just don't know that I'm going to be as prepared as I want to be. I know that I could never truly be completely prepared for the journey we're about to take, a newborn is a journey all its own and with every passing month it changes but I just want to be ready. I want to be the best mom I possibly can to this little life that I've had growing inside me for the past 7 months. I want to give her the best start in life that I possibly can and I want her to always know that she is loved beyond what any words can describe.
It's funny because I feel like at this point in pregnancy most women are becoming more fearful of the labor and delivery part of the journey, honestly that's the last thing on my mind. I know its going to hurt, I know I will have a few hours (hopefully thats all) of the most painful experience of my life, that doesn't scare me. Because I know when its done I will have my beautiful daughter in my arms and all that pain will go away and in just a few weeks time I won't remember how painful it was. All I'll remember is the prize I got at the finish line and she is worth every painful minute. I am more concerned about being prepared, being a good mom, hoping i can breastfeed the way I would like to, making sure she has everything possible to make her happy and comfortable. Teaching her as she grows, showing her how to live her life the way God would want her too. Showing her that there is so much more to life than just the everyday hustle and bustle. And all at the same time trying not to spoil her rotten so that she knows that the material things aren't what really matter. At this point it almost seems impossible!
Am I crazy? Surely I am not the only woman in the world who has these thoughts. I know I tend to be a little future orientated... its always been a flaw of mine. Why worry about today it's already here, I'd rather worry about tomorrow while I still feel like I have time to fix it if it needs it. But really am I the only one who does this?
I guess I just needed a little rant, clear my head of all the thoughts that have been building in them over the past few months as I prepare the best way I know for the arrival of our daughter. But I will say through it all I have had an amazing husband by my side. He may whine sometimes, he make joke when he probably shouldn't, but just the excitement he has at every appt., at each ultrasound when that first glimpse of her pops up on the screen. When he can feel her move and kick. He has already tried to have the two of them gang up on me. And man does his face light up each and every time we receive something that says anything about "I love daddy" or "Daddy's Girl" he is bound and determined that she is going to be a Daddy's girl and while I joke with him that she's totally going to be a mommy's girl it makes me soooo happy to see how much he loves her already and to know that he wants a Daddy's girl! I was never a Daddy's girl and honestly I dont know that my dad ever really cared one way or another (yes i know he loves me very much but thats not the point) so its just so fun to see Blaine's excitement. And I hope he does get his Daddy's girl but I hope she can be a bit of a Mommy's girl too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment