Wednesday, January 25, 2012

8 weeks

We finally announced to the world yesterday that Blaine and I are expecting our first child come September and we are so excited!!! Another Blogger that I follow has been doing this to track different things through out her pregnancy and I just love the idea and decided I wanted to do it myself! So here we go! (I was going to add a picture but it won't upload hopefully I'll get it figured out to add later)

How far along? 8 weeks

Updates on baby: Baby is about the size of a Kidney Bean (just over 1/2 an inch long) We got to see our little Gummy bear as I like to call it cause thats what it kinda looks like at this point (if I get the pic loaded you'll understand) and hear it's heartbeat for the first time yesterday! We were even able to see it wiggle a little during the ultrasound!

Symptoms/Body Changes: I'm counting myself very lucky in the fact that I'v had no morning sickness as of yet and i have my fingers crossed for it to stay that way. I'm pretty tired most days and have lots of indigestion. And Although it's probably TMI for most constipation has been a battle from the beginning as well. Other then that things are business as usual.

Movement: No movement has been felt yet but as i said we did see a bit with the ultrasound which was awesome!

Cravings/Aversions: Pasta is the closest thing I've had to a craving. I don't really crave it but it just tends to be the only thing that sounds good right off the bat other wise the food has to be in front of me before it sounds good. I'm having some aversions to textures, I ate crackers a lot at first because they were an easy snack I can carry with me but the texture of crackers or anything that is that dry just does not sound good at all!

Getting ready for baby: We got the first step done and got our attic floored last weekend so that we can begin cleaning out our extra room that has been used as storage/dog room up to this point. So now we just have to go through everything and train the dog to not be locked up in the kennel... JOY!

What I miss: Sleeping like a rock! I have always been such a hard sleeper but now I have to get up to pee at night and I have dreams that wake me up and it's just not nice! I miss my solid 8 hours of sleep! But i guess that's what naps are for and I've decided it'd god's way of preparing me to not be a hard sleep so i can hear the baby cry in the middle of the night.

What I am looking forward to: Being able to feel the baby! Right now I just have to wait till doctors appt to make sure everything is going well and I just can't wait to feel the baby and have those little reassuring kicks to know that the baby is happy in healthy!

Weekly wisdom: My husband has been the most amazing helper for me in these last few weeks and I just have to say that all of his hard work and caring words are so appreciated and I try to show him that cause I couldn't do any of this without him.
____________________

No comments:

Post a Comment