Thursday, July 14, 2011

What I want to be when I grow up?!?!

Yes I am 24 years old and I still don't have the answer to that question. I have thought that I had the answer several different times but alas I am once again at a loss for words when I think about this question in my current life. Lets start from the beginning... Once upon a time I went to this wonderful christian university which I wouldn't take back for anything... well this lovely university of mine decided that my .02 below their standard GPA wasn't good enough to student teach therefore flipping my life plan upside down. And since this lovely university had already emptied my wallet and then some I took the route of Liberal Arts and got out of dodge. All the while thinking maybe I dont want to teach... so in the mean time what have I been doing... Teaching... two years but still.... then about a month or so ago i decided that it was time that i see about pursueing my original goal of teaching again and I applied for my alternative certification... well of course my luck being what it is... I was told yeah your degree isn't good enough you're gonna have to do better... so now I'm back to the age old question of what I want to be when i grow up? I still think i want to teach but its the getting there that has gotten very frustrating. I thought about getting a masters... neither program i want will admit me without a teaching certificate... so I thought i'd go to a different university and see if they would accept most of my credits and let me student teach after a semester... they wont let me talk to anyone who can really answer these questions until I apply for admission (GAY). So now I've emailed my original university to see if they will write a letter stating I have enough coursework completed to classify as a Focus but then they want me to have two years experience in the field which makes no since cause I dont really know how you get experience teaching science without being certified to teach science... which brings me back to being at a loss for the answer to the question. How many roadblocks means that this is not God's plan, how many times to I try before i say hey maybe this isn't for me. If its not for me... well then what is? I think thats the scariest question cause honestly I have a clue what the answer to that would be. For the girl who usually has it all together... I've got nothing! BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment